Assam job – The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India, is inviting applications for various vacant posts. Interested candidates can apply as mentioned below.
The total number of vacancies for Scientist-B positions is 09 across various disciplines, as detailed below:
|Discipline||Number of Vacancies|
The gross emoluments upon joining are currently estimated to be approximately RS 1,05,033.
Horizontal reservations have been established for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), including interchange among various categories in case suitable candidates are not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Civil Engineering with a minimum of sixty per cent marks aggregate (fifty percent for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes).
- Corresponding GATE Paper and its Code: Civil Engineering (CE).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with a specialization in Electrical Engineering.
- GATE score for Electrical Engineering (EE).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Engineering or related field.
- A valid GATE* score in Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF), which must be current as of 03.11.2023 (closing date of application).
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture and a Master’s Degree with not less than sixty per cent marks in aggregate (fifty percent for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) in any of the following sub-disciplines:
- Soil Sciences/Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry
- Agriculture Entomology,Entomology
- Agricultural Chemicals,Chemistry
- A valid ICAR AICE-JRF,SRF(Ph. D) — 2023 examination Score card in any of the above sub-disciplines.
- GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
The maximum age limit for eligibility is 30 years as of the closing date of the application. Relaxation in the age limit is provided for SC, ST, OBC, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Ex-Servicemen, and Departmental Candidates as per applicable rules.
Candidates are required to apply online from 14/10/2023 onwards until the last date, 03/11/2023, through the BIS website. No other means or modes of application submission will be accepted under any circumstances.
BIS retains the right to revise, reschedule, cancel, or suspend the recruitment process without specifying reasons. The decision of BIS will be final, and no appeals will be entertained. For detailed information, please visit the BIS website: www.bis.gov.in.
Faq, Assam job
What is BIS?
Bureau of Indian Standards is a statutory body under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution, Government of India.
How many vacancies are available for Scientist-B positions?
There are a total of 9 vacancies in various disciplines: 2 in Agriculture Science, 3 in Civil Engineering, 3 in Electrical Engineering, and 1 in Textile Engineering.
What is the estimated salary for Scientist-B positions?
The gross emoluments upon joining are approximately Rs. 1,05,033.
Is there any reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)?
Yes, horizontal reservations are available for PwBD, with interchange among various categories if suitable candidates are not found.
What are the essential qualifications for these positions in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Textile Engineering, and Agriculture Science?
Qualifications vary by discipline, but generally require relevant Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees or GATE scores.
What is the maximum age limit for eligibility?
The maximum age limit is 30 years, with relaxation for specific categories.
How can I apply for these positions?
You can apply online through the BIS website from 14/10/2023 to 03/11/2023. No other means of application will be accepted.
Is there an application fee?
No, there is no application fee.
Can the recruitment process be revised or canceled by BIS?
Yes, BIS retains the right to revise, reschedule, cancel, or suspend the recruitment process without specifying reasons.
Where can I find more information?
For detailed information, please visit the BIS website: www.bis.gov.in.