Assam career. Assam police released a recruitment notification. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up 42 existing vacancies in the rank of Sub-Inspector of Police (AB) for newly created Assam Commando Battalions. Applications must be submitted online through the SLPRB website. The online application will be received on 08/02/2023 and the last date for receiving applications will be 22/02/2023.
The detail of the vacancy is mentioned below-
|Name Of The Post||SUB-INSPECTORS (AB)|
|Total Number Posts||42 Posts|
|Recruitment Board||Assam police recruitment board|
|Official Website||Mentioned Below|
|Government||Assam State Government|
Name of Posts, SUB-INSPECTORS
No of Posts: 42 Posts.
Name of Board– Assam police recruitment board.
Pay Scale– Pay scale of RS 14,000 to RS 60,500 with Pay Band No 2, plus RS 8700, Grade pay plus other allowances as admissible under the rules.
The candidate must be a graduate in Arts/Science/ Commerce or an equivalent stream from a recognized College/ Institution affiliated with a recognized University.
Application Fee- No application fee.
Age Limit- Candidate should not be more than 24 years and less than 20 years of age as of 01/01/2023, Candidate
Must be born on or before 01-01-2003 and on or after 01/01/1999.
Age Relaxation- Age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
|SL No||Category||Age relaxation|
|1||SC, ST (P), and ST (H).||5 Years|
|2||OBC/ MOBC.||3 Years|
|3||National and International |
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online through the SLPRB website mentioned below. No other forms of application will be entertained. Candidates must follow the following steps during the submission of the online application- Register in the Portal using a valid mobile number. After successful registration candidates will get a Recruitment ID. Candidature of those candidates will be canceled who generate multiple recruitment IDs.
Passport Size Photograph- The photograph must be in color and must be taken in a professional studio.
Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits are not acceptable.
The photograph must be taken on a white or very light background.
The photograph must have been taken after 1st January 2023.
Face should occupy about 50% of the area in the photograph, and with a full face, view look into the camera directly.
The main features of the face must not be covered by the hair of the head, any cloth, or any shadow. The forehead, eyes, nose, cheek, lip, and chin should be clearly visible.
If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses for the photo shoot.
You must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 4.5cm x 3.5cm (45mm 35mm) print.
Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 640 x 480 (0.3 Mega Pixel) (Ask your studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher.
Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 320 x 240.
The maximum file size is 450 kb (kilobytes).
For your own benefit, it may be prudent not to intentionally change your facial features or hairstyle from what is seen in the photograph until the day of the exam.
Signature- Please sign on white paper using black or dark blue ink. Have a professional photo studio digitally scan and crop the signature image. Only JPEG format images will be accepted. The maximum resolution for the image is 800 x 300 pixels and the minimum resolution is 400 x 150 pixels.
The dimensions of the signature image should be 3.5cm (width) x 2.5cm (height) and the maximum file size allowed is 100kb. Please note that using a mobile phone to take a photograph of the signature is not acceptable and may result in the disqualification of the application.
Documents- Certificate of proof of age. Admit card /Certificate of H.S.L.C. or equivalent examination.
Pass Certificate of Graduation.
Mark sheet of BA, B.SC, B.Com, or equivalent examination.
Employment Exchange Registration Card.
Certificate of Sports person to avail reservation of posts and age relaxation as mentioned.
Certificate of Caste from Competent Authority.
Application Fee- No application fee.
Selection Criteria- Candidates whose applications are found correct in all respects will be called for a written test, the date and venue of which will be mentioned later on. The Chairman reserves the right to change the venue of the test and no representation etc. will be entertained in this regard.
The written test will be 100 marks and will be completely OMR based. There will be 100 questions and each question will be of 1 (one) mark. There will be a negative marking of ½ mark for each wrong answer. The questions will be set in three parts- (i) Logical reasoning, Aptitude, and English Comprehension (ii) Matters relating to the History and Culture of Assam and India, and (iii) General Knowledge. Candidates will use a black or dark blue ball pen to answer the OMR-based answer sheet. The question paper for Written Exam will be in the following languages. English/Assamese/ Bodo/Bengali.
1. Government/PSU/Autonomous body employees must obtain written permission from their competent authority/employer before participating in the PST & PET and produce a copy of the same during document scrutiny.
2. Upon selection, candidates will undergo a 1-year training program that includes physical and classroom training. During the training, they will be considered probationary Sub-Inspectors (AB) of the Police and receive regular pay and allowances. Those who fail the final examination or engage in misconduct will be discharged without explanation.
3. Selected Sub-Inspectors (AB) may be posted in any branch of the Assam Police.
4. Any form of canvassing, either directly or indirectly, will result in disqualification.
5. Candidates will not receive any travel or daily allowances during the recruitment process.
6. The selection list does not guarantee an appointment and the department reserves the right to perform a thorough medical examination and other necessary inquiries before offering the position.
7. Candidates must attend all stages of the recruitment process and failure to do so will result in disqualification.
8. Any application not in the official format, with incomplete information, wrong information, missing required certificates, misrepresentation of facts, or impersonation will be immediately rejected.
9. The selection list will remain valid for an appointment for one year from the date of the announcement of the result or until the next advertisement for a similar position, whichever comes first.
10. Appointed candidates will be governed by the Assam Police Act 2007 and any government rules and orders.
11. Appointed individuals will be eligible for pension benefits as per the existing pension scheme.
12. The Chairman of the SLPRB, Assam reserves the right to make changes or cancel the recruitment process as deemed necessary.
13. The physical tests are physically demanding and only those in good medical condition should participate. SLPRB and Assam Police will not be held responsible for any injury or harm suffered during the tests.
14. Use of fake documents, false information, or misrepresentation of facts before or after appointment will result in disqualification and may lead to criminal proceedings.
15. Selected candidates will be required to sign an agreement committing to a minimum 3-year service period after successful completion of training or repay the cost of training and travel expenses paid by the government.
16. The decision of the Selection Board will be final in case of any clarification.
17. The number of vacancies is subject to change and appointment to such vacancies will be determined by the competent authority based on merit.
18. Final appointment is contingent upon a satisfactory Police Verification Report and Final Medical Examination Report. Unsatisfactory reports will result in the rejection of the candidature.
19. The rules and regulations of Assam Police will apply to the training process and beyond.
20. Transparent Process.