Assam career: Online applications are invited for the Nursing Officer Recruitment Common Eligibility Test (NORCET)-5, which aims to fill Nursing Officer positions at Level 07 within the Pay Matrix.
Table of Contents
These positions were previously categorized under Pay Band-2 with a pre-revised scale of Rs.9300-34800, along with a Grade Pay of Rs.4600/-. The vacancies are available for Group-B posts at AIIMS New Delhi and other AIIMS institutions, based on the respective vacancies.
Last Date- 25/08/2023
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing / B.Sc. Nursing from an Institute or University recognized by the Indian Nursing Council or State Nursing Council. OR
- B.Sc. (Post-Certificate) / Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing from an Institute/University recognized by the Indian Nursing Council or State Nursing Council.
- Registration with the State / Indian Nursing Council as a Nurse & Midwife.
- Diploma in General Nursing Midwifery from an Institute/Board or Council recognized by the Indian Nursing Council or State Nursing Council.
- Registration with the State / Indian Nursing Council as a Nurse & Midwife.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospital with a minimum of 50 beds, after acquiring the educational qualification as mentioned above. This condition applies to all Participating AIIMS.
Note: The stipulated two years of experience is essential and must be gained after obtaining the Essential Qualification, following the completion of the course’s residency period, result declaration, and registration with the State/Indian Nursing Council.
Between 18-30 Years. (Further details on Age relaxation are provided in the General Conditions, subject to age relaxation as per the Recruitment rules of respective Institutes/Hospitals.)
The age will be calculated based on the closing date of the application form.
A) General/OBC Candidates – Rs. 3000/- (Three Thousand Rupees only) B) SC/ST Candidates/EWS – Rs. 2400/- (Twenty-Four Hundred Rupees only) C) Persons with Disabilities – Exempted
Candidates can pay the application fee using DEBIT CARD/CREDIT CARD/NETBANKING. Any applicable transaction or processing fees will be payable to the bank by the candidate.
Once paid, the application fee is non-refundable. Applications lacking the prescribed fee will not be considered and will be rejected summarily. SC/ST candidates’ application fees will be refunded after the examination results are declared, in due course.
- Allowances: The posts come with standard allowances applicable to Central Government Servants stationed in respective city locations.
- Application Submission: Eligible applicants can only submit their applications online via the website www.aiimsexams.ac.in from 05.08.2023 to 25.08.2023 until 5:00 P.M. No physical documents need to be sent. Applicants should retain a copy of the registration slip and payment proof for reference.
- Correction/Edit of Registration: The edit panel for correcting registration details and application completion will be accessible from 26.08.2023 to 28.08.2023, following the closure of online registration. Editing is solely the responsibility of the candidate. Corrections can’t be made after the allowed editing period.
- Closing Date : The online application portal closes at 05:00 PM on 25.08.2023. Incomplete applications after this date will be rejected. Payment of the examination fee by the closing date allows editing during the edit panel opening.
- Eligibility: Applicants must fulfill eligibility criteria by the closing date of online submission. Educational qualifications/experience should be completed on or before the last date. Relevant AIIMS/Institute Recruitment Rules and NORCET Score merit determine selection.
- Image Guidelines: Images (photo, signature, thumb impression) should adhere to ‘Upload Image Instructions.’ Incorrect images lead to application rejection.
- Age Relaxation: a. Age eligibility cut-off is the last date for online application submission. b. SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for unreserved vacancies won’t get age relaxation. Reserved category candidates eligible due to age relaxation will be considered only for their category’s reserved seats. c. Persons with disability get age concession regardless of post reservation if suitable for their disability category. d. Certain disabilities (OL, AAV, Dw, LC (OL)) with benchmark disability of ≥40% are eligible for age relaxation. e. Age relaxation applies to various applicant categories.
Pattern & Scheme of Examination
- 1. Stage I: NORCET Preliminary a. Examination Scheme: i. Qualifying Test: NORCET Preliminary is a qualifying examination. Qualifiers proceed to Stage II. ii. Merit Determination: NORCET Preliminary doesn’t decide final selection rank. iii. Duration: 90 minutes. iv. Question Format: 100 MCQs of 100 marks. 20 MCQs on General Knowledge & Aptitude, 80 MCQs on Nursing course syllabus. v. Negative Marking: 1/3 marks deducted for each wrong answer. vi. Qualifying Marks: UR/EWS: 50 percentile, OBC: 45 percentile, SC & ST: 40 percentile. For PWBD, extra 5 percentile relaxation (UR/EWS-PWBD: 45, OBC-PWBD: 40, SC/ST-PWBD: 35). Same standards apply to all categories of candidates with Benchmark Disabilities.
- List Preparation for Stage II: i. Qualifying candidates equal to 5 times the total seats in each category (UR, OBC, SC, ST, EWS) proceed to Stage II. ii. Additional Points: 1. All qualified PWBD candidates advance to Stage II. 2. Tie Cases: Candidates with tied scores at the end of the list also proceed to Stage II. 3. Some qualified candidates may not be called for Stage II due to specific situations.
What is NORCET-5?
NORCET-5 is an online application process for the recruitment of Nursing Officer positions at Level 07 in the Pay Matrix, formerly categorized under Pay Band-2 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4600/-, at AIIMS New Delhi and other AIIMS institutions. It involves a two-stage examination process.
What are the essential qualifications for NORCET-5?
Essential qualifications include B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing / B.Sc. Nursing or B.Sc. (Post-Certificate) / Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing from an institute recognized by Indian Nursing Council or State Nursing Council. Registration as Nurse & Midwife is required. Diploma in General Nursing Midwifery from a recognized institute and registration as Nurse & Midwife is also acceptable. Two years of experience in a hospital with at least 50 beds is necessary after acquiring the qualification.
What is the age limit for NORCET-5 applicants?
The age limit is between 18-30 years for all AIIMS. Additional details on age relaxation are provided in the General Conditions, subject to recruitment rules of respective Institutes/Hospitals.
How can the application fee be paid?
The application fee can be paid using DEBIT CARD/CREDIT CARD/NETBANKING. Any applicable transaction or processing fees will be payable to the bank by the candidate. The fee is non-refundable once paid.
How and when can I apply for NORCET-5?
Eligible applicants can apply online only through the website www.aiimsexams.ac.in from 05.08.2023 to 25.08.2023 until 5:00 P.M. Physical documents do not need to be sent.
Can I edit my application after submission?
Yes, you can edit your registration details and application completion within the allowed edit panel period, which is from 26.08.2023 to 28.08.2023 after the online registration closure.
What is the last date for application submission?
The online application portal closes at 05:00 PM on 25.08.2023. Incomplete applications after this date will be rejected. However, payment of examination fees by the closing date allows editing during the edit panel opening.
How will the eligibility of applicants be determined?
Eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the closing date of online submission. Educational qualifications/experience should be completed on or before the last date. Selection is based on relevant AIIMS/Institute Recruitment Rules and NORCET Score merit.
What is the pattern of the NORCET examination?
The NORCET examination consists of two stages – NORCET Preliminary and NORCET Main. NORCET Preliminary is a qualifying test with a duration of 90 minutes, comprising 100 MCQs. The qualifying marks vary for different categories.
How are candidates shortlisted for NORCET Main?
Candidates qualifying NORCET Preliminary equal to 5 times the total seats in each category are shortlisted for NORCET Main. Additional candidates with tied scores and all qualified PWBD candidates are also included.