Job In Assam – The Assam Public Service Commission is inviting applications from Indian citizens, for the following positions under the Assam Government. The selected candidates will be compensated according to the specified pay scale, along with standard allowances applicable under the Government of Assam’s regulations.
Last Date of Application- 25/11/2023
Position: Chemical Examiner (Excise) in Assam, under the Excise Department Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
A candidate must hold either a B.Sc. degree in Chemistry or M.Sc. degree in Forensic Science and Criminology from a recognized university, whether in India or overseas.
Priority will be given to candidates with a First-Class M.Sc. degree in Chemistry and those with prior experience in the field of Forensic Science and Criminology.
Candidates must be at least 21 years old and not more than 38 years old as of 01/01/2023. Age relaxation is applicable as follows:
|5-year relaxation for SC/ST candidates|
|3-year relaxation for OBC/MOBC candidates|
The age of candidates will be calculated based on the information provided in their Class 10 or 12 Examination Admit Card/Pass Certificate/Mark sheet issued by a recognized Central/State Board/Council, where their Age/Date of Birth (DOB) is clearly mentioned.
Pay Scale RS 30,000 to RS 1,10,000 per month with Grade Pay of RS 14,500, Pay Band: 4
|8th Passed Jobs||Click Here|
|10th Passed Jobs||Click Here|
|12 Passed Jobs||Click Here|
|Graduation Passed Jobs||Click Here|
|Post Graduation Jobs||Click Here|
How to apply
- Candidates must apply online via APSC’s recruitment website; no other means accepted.
- New applicants must register at APSC’s recruitment website via ‘Register Here’ link and complete the One Time Registration (OTR) process with basic details.
- Use a valid and active email address for online registration to receive updates and requirements.
- Details will be communicated through the commission’s website. After creating an account, log in with your credentials.
- Complete the One Time Registration with personal info, education, work experience, photo, signature, and other required documents. Download the One Time Registration details and proceed to the application form.
- Carefully review eligibility criteria and fill in mandatory fields marked with an asterisk.
- Submit document details like Certificate No., issue date, issuing authority, and upload documents in PDF format, ensuring a file size not exceeding 2 MB and legibility when printed.
- Ensure your degree certificate/mark sheet clearly states your name and awarded degree or specified subjects as per the advertisement.
- Document details submitted online will be verified during the Personal Viva-Voce Interview. Fill in all required information in the application form, check the declarations checkbox, and click ‘Preview’ before final submission.
- Ensure all fields are correctly filled before final submission, as editing is not allowed after submission.
- Preview uploaded documents for legibility before final submission. After previewing, click ‘Submit’ for final submission or ‘Cancel’ for necessary corrections.
- Pay the application fee along with applicable processing fee upon completing the form.
- Application fees are non-refundable. In case of payment failure, click ‘Validate Payment’ to verify the payment.
- Double debit instances will be automatically refunded within 5-7 working days.
- An auto-generated email confirmation will be sent to your registered email upon successful application completion.
- Unpaid applications will not be considered.
- Applicants without debit card/internet banking can use Common Service Centers.Submit only one Online Recruitment Application per post. If multiple applications are submitted, ensure the one with the higher “Application Number” is complete in all respects, including fee.After submission, take a printout of the final Online Recruitment Application and retain a hardcopy.Submit the Online Recruitment Application well in advance, without waiting for the closing date.
Application fee will be as mentioned below.
- a) Birth certificate or Class X/XII Admit Card/Pass Certificate/Mark sheet with Date of Birth.
- b) Certificates and mark sheets from HSLC onwards up to the qualifying examination.
- c) Educational qualification certificates and mark sheets.
- d) Experience certificates (if required).
- e) Caste certificate for reserved category candidates.
- f) BPL certificate (if necessary).
- g) Declaration Form A as per Small Family norms (if applicable).
- h) Supporting documents for other claims.
The selection process details will be announced at a later time, with the possibility of issuing corrections or additions if necessary. The Commission will determine the selection criteria for specific positions or services, taking into account factors such as status, cadre, grade, and the volume of applications received for the advertised positions or services.
- Candidates must ensure they meet all eligibility conditions before applying.
- Their admission is provisional, subject to verification.
- If they don’t meet eligibility criteria, their candidature will be canceled.
- Candidates must check if they meet the required physical standards for the post, as specified by the State Government.
- Withdrawal of candidature requests after application submission won’t be considered.
- Candidates can’t change their claimed category/subcategory once the application is submitted.
- Providing incorrect information may disqualify candidates from future Commission posts.
- False declarations may result in rejection and legal penalties.
- The Commission may refer matters to the government for action. Candidates need to present identity proof during Screening/Written tests and Interviews.
- Eligibility is determined as of the closing date for application submission unless specified otherwise in the advertisement.
- Candidates must be in good health and ready for required medical examinations.
- Final results will be announced through the APSC website/newspapers. Inquiries about results won’t be entertained.
- The Commission won’t correspond with candidates about the reasons for non-selection.
- Any form of canvassing will disqualify a candidate.
Faq, Job In Assam
What positions are available, and who is eligible to apply?
Position: Chemical Examiner (Excise) in Assam
Eligibility: B.Sc. in Chemistry or M.Sc. in Forensic Science and Criminology. Priority for First-Class M.Sc. and relevant experience.
What is the age requirement for applicants?
Candidates must be between 21 and 38 years old as of 01/01/2023. Age relaxations apply to SC/ST and OBC/MOBC candidates.
What is the salary for the selected candidates?
Pay Scale: RS 30,000 to RS 1,10,000 per month with Grade Pay of RS 14,500 (Pay Band: 4).
How can I apply?
Apply online via APSC’s recruitment website. Complete One Time Registration (OTR), upload documents, and pay the application fee.
What documents are needed during the application process?
Birth certificate or Class X/XII Admit Card/Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
Certificates and mark sheets from HSLC onwards
Educational qualification certificates and mark sheets
Experience certificates (if required)
Caste certificate (if applicable)
BPL certificate (if necessary)
Declaration Form A (if applicable)
Supporting documents for other claims
What is the selection process?
Details will be announced later, with possible corrections or additions based on factors such as status and application volume.
How should I verify eligibility before applying?
Ensure you meet the age and qualification criteria.
Meet required physical standards if specified.
Verify your category/subcategory claims.
Provide accurate information to avoid disqualification.
What happens if I make false declarations?
False declarations may lead to rejection and legal penalties.
The matter may be referred to the government for action.
How will I know the results of the selection process?
Results will be announced on the APSC website/newspapers.
The Commission won’t correspond about non-selection reasons.
Canvassing is mentioned as a disqualification. What does it mean?
Canvassing refers to attempting to influence the selection process through improper means.
Any form of canvassing will disqualify a candidate.