Assam career 10/09/2023 – Darrang College, Tezpur, is inviting applications in the DHE prescribed format provided by the DHE, Assam.The application is available Here.
Statistics: 01 post (Unreserved) (Roster Point-18)
Chemistry: 01 post (Reserved for OBC/MOBC) (Roster Point-17)
Application Start Date- 10/09/2023
Application End Date- 15 Days
- The educational qualifications and selection procedure shall adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Government Office Memorandum dated 24/01/2022 and dated 09.02.2022.
- It is mandatory for candidates to have NET/SLET/SET qualifications. However, candidates with a Ph.D. degree, in accordance with the UGC (minimum standards and procedures for the award of Ph.D. degree) regulation, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET.
- Candidates must possess a good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade on a point scale) at the Master’s degree level in the respective subject.
- A 5% relaxation in marks may be provided to SC/ST/PWD candidates, and a similar relaxation may be granted to Ph.D. holders who obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- Qualifications such as M.Phil./Ph.D., seminar papers, and publications can be acquired and submitted on the date of the interview but not beyond.
The age limit for candidates should not exceed 38 years as of 01/01/2022, with a relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates, and 10 years for PWD candidates.
Applications, accompanied by a non-refundable Demand Draft of RS 1500, (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred) only, drawn in favor of the Principal, Darrang College.
Payable at SBI, Main Branch, Tezpur, IFSC code SBIN0000195, should reach the undersigned within 15 days from the publication of this advertisement.
- Candidates are required to have a Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) and proficiency in the local language.
- In-service candidates must apply through the proper channel with a No Objection Certificate (NOC) obtained from the relevant authority.
- No TA/DA will be admissible. Incomplete/defective applications will be rejected during the scrutiny process, and no call letters will be issued to such candidates.
- Interview call letters for eligible candidates will be communicated by speed post and displayed on the College Website.
- The interview schedule (date and time) will be uploaded on the College Website, i.e., www.darrangcollege.ac.in.
Faq, Assam career 10/09/2023
What is Darrang College, Tezpur, inviting applications for?
Darrang College, Tezpur, is inviting applications for the position of Assistant Professors in Statistics and Chemistry.
How many vacant positions are available?
There is one vacant position for Statistics (Unreserved) and one for Chemistry (Reserved for OBC/MOBC).
What are the educational qualifications required?
Candidates must have NET/SLET/SET qualifications. However, those with a Ph.D. degree as per UGC regulations 2009 are exempt from this requirement.
What is the minimum academic qualification required?
Candidates should have at least 55% marks at the Master’s degree level in the relevant subject. There is a 5% relaxation for SC/ST/PWD candidates and for Ph.D. holders who obtained their Master’s Degree before September 19, 1991.
What is the age limit for candidates?
Candidates should not be more than 38 years old as of January 1, 2022. There are age relaxations of 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates, and 10 years for PWD candidates.
What documents are required for the application?
Candidates need to submit their application along with a non-refundable Demand Draft of Rs. 1500/- drawn in favor of the Principal, Darrang College, payable at SBI, Main Branch, Tezpur (IFSC: SBIN0000195). Additionally, candidates should provide a Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) and proof of proficiency in the local language.
Can in-service candidates apply?
Yes, in-service candidates can apply but must do so through the proper channel with a No Objection Certificate (NOC) obtained from the relevant authority.
Is there any provision for interview and when will it be scheduled?
Interview call letters will be communicated to eligible candidates by speed post and displayed on the College Website, www.darrangcollege.ac.in. The interview schedule (date and time) will also be uploaded on the College Website.