The Government of Assam has arranged to provide an Assam Scholarship Scheme to the minority students of Assam. According to official data, this Scheme will be applicable only to girl students. Online application is accepted and interested students can apply for this as mentioned below.
The minimum qualifying marks for this scholarship will be-
- Passed higher secondary with 50% marks for the undergraduate scholarship scheme.
- Passed degree in any discipline with 50% marks for the postgraduate scholarship scheme.
- Students must be studying in any discipline (Arts, Science, and Commerce) in a provincialized or government college or state university for the session 2022-23.
- The girl students must belong to the notified minority community: Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis.
- Self-certified community certificate is required from the students.
- The student’s family income should be less than Rs 2.00 lakh.
- A family income certificate should be furnished during the application process.
- The students must have a valid bank account in their name and details to be submitted along with the application form. (Bank Name, Account Number, Branch Name, IFSC Code e.t.c.).
- Rs 6,000 per annum for undergraduate-level students.
- Rs 10,000 per annum for postgraduate level students.
- The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the same course and same Institute on the production of a recommendation certificate from the appropriate academic authorities that the student has successfully cleared all the papers and secured a minimum 50% marks in the previous year’s examination and attendance of the students at least 75%.
- If a student violates Institute discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or canceled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, her scholarship shall be canceled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered by the State Govt.
How to apply- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this scheme online at the official website mentioned below. After submission of the online form candidates must submit the printout copy of the form to the principal or head of the institute along with necessary copies of certificates and documents.
The institution will verify the application and other documents according to the guidelines provided to them, after verification the application will be forwarded to the directorate of higher education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-781019.
TO TEST YOUR ABILITY CLICK HERE
Documents needed for Assam scholarship
- An income certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the state government is required in respect of parents or guardians.
- Certificate from the institution in which the candidate is presently studying.
- Mark sheet of the last qualifying exams.
- Xerox copy of the passbook of an active bank account.
- Passport size photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Aadhar card.