assam career.com 2023- Invitation for Online Applications The Gauhati High Court at Guwahati, which serves the states of Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram, and Arunachal Pradesh, welcomes online applications from eligible Indian citizens as defined by Article 5 and 6 of the Constitution of India.
The applications are invited for the position of Library Assistant at the Judicial Academy, Assam. The Judicial Academy is a Statutory Institution established under the NLUJA Act, 2009, located at Amingaon, Kamrup (R). The position is unreserved.
Table Of Contents
End Dtae 12th September 2023
Last date for payment of fees 29/09/2023
Pay Band 2: 14,000-70,000 + Grade Pay: 7,600
As of the final date of online application submission, candidates must meet the following criteria:
Graduation with a diploma/degree in Library Science from a recognized University. Desirable: Familiarity with Computer Applications in a Library.
Maximum age of 40 years as of the final date of online application submission. • Upper age limit relaxation of 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates. •
Upper age limit relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST(P)/ST(H) candidates. • Upper age limit relaxation of 10 years for PWD candidates. Page 2 of 8
- Stage I Written Examination: 120 marks The written examination (objective type multiple choices) will span 2 hours. It will encompass questions on General Knowledge (40 marks), Library Science (40 marks), General Aptitude (20 marks), and Assamese (20 marks). The Assamese section is qualifying, and its marks won’t contribute to the written examination’s merit list. A candidate must score at least 40% marks (8 out of 20) in the Assamese segment to qualify for the written examination.
- Stage II Interview/Viva Voce: 20 marks Candidates, up to 3 times the number of vacancies (3 candidates for 1 post), based on the merit in the written examination, will be called for the interview. Final selection will be based on the total marks obtained in Stage I and Stage II.
- If multiple candidates have the same total marks, the one with higher marks in the written examination will be given preference. If the written examination marks are also the same, the older candidate will be given preference.
Before applying online, candidates must have a valid email ID and mobile number, which are mandatory for registration. The email ID should remain active. Candidates should take note of the Registration Code even if the email confirmation is not received due to network issues.
- Phase 1: (a) Visit https://ghconline.gov.in/ or https://jaassam.gov.in/ and click “Online Application for the Library Assistant post at the Judicial Academy, Assam.”
- (b) Choose “New Registration.” Fill in the required information, then click “Submit Registration.” A Registration Code will be generated and displayed below the “Submit Registration” button. Note the Registration Code. The Registration Code and Date of Birth will be used as login details for the next phases.
- (a) Click “Update Candidate Details.”
- (b) Fill in profile and candidature-specific information. Click “Update Data” to save. Ensure no field is left blank. Phase 3: Upload a Photograph Image and Signature Image. Images must be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format, with a size between 5 KB and 30 KB. The image dimensions should meet the specified criteria.
- For uploading images: (a) Click “Upload Photograph & Signature.”
- (b) Use the “Browse” button to select the image file, then click “Upload Passport Photo” and “Upload Signature” to upload the files.
- (c) After successful upload, click the “Declaration” check box. The “Submit Candidature” button will turn green and activate.
- (d) Click “Submit Candidature” to finalize the application. No changes can be made after submission, so ensure all information, photograph, and signature are accurate.
- Phase 4: (a) After submission, print the Fee Payment Challan by clicking “Print Fee Payment Challan Form.”
- (b) Make the payment at any State Bank of India branch within two working days of submitting the online application and by the fee payment deadline.
- (c) Take note of the Journal Number provided by the bank after payment, along with their signature and seal on the Challan copy. Keep the candidate’s copy of the Challan for future reference.
- (d) After two working days, payment information will automatically reflect on the candidate’s account, allowing them to print the Acknowledgement receipt for reference. Page 5 of 8 For technical assistance, email [email protected] with the subject “Post Name” and include the related Registration Code, applicant’s name, and grievance details in the email body.
Only applications submitted online as described above will be accepted; all other modes will be rejected without communication.
Details of the application fee are as follows:
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances, nor held for other exams/selection. 7. Applicants are advised to apply well before the deadline to avoid internet or website congestion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- i. The number of posts is indicative and subject to change during final selection.
- ii. Meeting eligibility criteria doesn’t guarantee call for written test/Interview/Viva-Voce.
- iii. Original testimonials must be provided for educational qualifications, date of birth, caste, work experience (if applicable), etc., as asked for, at subsequent stages. For SC/ST For all others PWD Rs. 150/- Rs. 300/- Nil Page 6 of 8
- iv. Candidates in marriages with someone having a living spouse or who themselves have a living spouse from a previous marriage are ineligible.
- v. Candidature is provisional and subject to eligibility verification. The High Court reserves the right to cancel candidature if eligibility isn’t met.
- vi. Provisional candidate list with Roll Nos. will be published on official websites. vii. No TA/DA will be provided for written test/Interview/Viva-Voce.
- viii. Government employees must inform their employers about the application and provide “No Objection Certificate” at document verification and “Release Order” at appointment.
- ix. The High Court may decide not to issue admit cards/call letters, instead notifying candidates through the official website and notice board.
- x. Incomplete applications without photo/signature upload will be rejected unless otherwise decided by the High Court. Page 7 of 8 xi. Applicants are personally responsible for application information and mistakes,
Faq, assam career.com 2023
Who is eligible to apply for the Library Assistant position at the Judicial Academy, Assam?
Indian citizens as defined by Article 5 and 6 of the Constitution of India, with a valid Employment Exchange Registration Number in the State of Assam, are eligible to apply for the position.
What is the location of the Judicial Academy, Assam?
The Judicial Academy, Assam, is located at Amingaon, Kamrup (R), and is a Statutory Institution established under the NLUJA Act, 2009.
What is the salary structure for the Library Assistant position?
The Library Assistant position falls under Pay Band 2, with a salary range of 14,000 to 70,000, along with a Grade Pay of 7,600.
What are the important dates for the application process?
The key dates are as follows:
Commencement of online application submission: 12th September 2023
Deadline for online application submission: 26th September 2023, until 5:00 PM
Last date for fee payment: 29th September 2023, during bank transaction hours
What are the essential qualifications required for this position?
As of the final date of online application submission, candidates must have a graduation degree with a diploma/degree in Library Science from a recognized University. Familiarity with Computer Applications in a Library is desirable.
What are the age restrictions for applicants?
Applicants must be below 40 years of age as of the final date of online application submission. Age relaxations are available for candidates belonging to OBC/MOBC, SC/ST(P)/ST(H), and PWD categories.
How is the selection process conducted?
The selection process involves two stages: Stage I – Written Examination and Stage II – Interview/Viva Voce. The written examination includes questions on General Knowledge, Library Science, General Aptitude, and Assamese. The Assamese segment is qualifying in nature. Final selection is based on total marks obtained in both stages.
How can candidates apply for the Library Assistant position?
Candidates can apply online through the official website. They should follow the detailed steps provided in the advertisement for registration, profile update, image upload, fee payment, and submission of candidature.
Is there an application fee? How can it be paid?
Yes, there is an application fee. The fee details are as follows:
For SC/ST candidates: Rs. 150/-
For all others: Rs. 300/-
PWD candidates: Nil
The fee can be paid at any branch of State Bank of India after two working days of submitting the online application and on or before the fee payment deadline.
Are there any important terms and conditions applicants should be aware of?
Yes, applicants should carefully read and understand the terms and conditions provided in the advertisement. These conditions cover eligibility, reservation, document verification, communication, cancellation of candidature, and other important aspects of the recruitment process.