assam Job – Applications are hereby invited by the District Legal Services Authority, Morigaon for the various vacancies of Para Legal Volunteer (PLV) in Morigaon District, Assam.
Application must be submitted in the Standard form as published in the Assam Gazette in part-IX from the residents of Morigaon District for selection of 30 numbers of PLVs, who are desirous/willing to serve as PLV (Para Legal Volunteer) at different areas of Morigaon District.
|Name Of The Post||Para Legal Volunteer|
|Total Number Posts||30|
|Recruitment Board||District Legal Services Authority Morigaon|
|Official Website||Mentioned Below|
|Application Payment||No application fee|
|Government||Assam State Government|
Name of the Post
Para Legal Volunteer
Candidates having 10th passed certificate from any government recognized institution are eligible to apply for these posts.
Assam Job: Who can apply
Teachers (including retired teachers) can apply for these posts.
Retired Government Servants and Senior Citizens.
Master in Social Work (M.S.W) Students and teachers.
Anganwadi Workers; (e) Doctors/Physicians.
Students & Law Students (till they enrol as lawyers).
Members of Non-Political Service Oriented NGOs and Clubs.
Members of Women Neighbourhood Groups Maithri Sanghrams and other Self-Help Groups including marginalized and vulnerable groups.
Educated prisoners with good behaviour serving long term sentences in prisons.
Any other person whom the District Legal Services Authority deems fit to be identified as PLVs.
How To Apply
Application Process: Candidates are required to submit their duly filled standard application form as published in the Assam Gazette (part-IX).
Along with the application form, please enclose three (3) copies of recent passport size photographs and self-attested photocopies of all necessary testimonials supporting age, qualifications, and computer diploma/certificate, etc.
All applications must be submitted on or before 14th August 2023 (Monday) by 05:00 PM.
The envelope containing the application form should be clearly superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF PARA LEGAL VOLUNTEER (PLV)” and addressed to:
“THE DISTRICT & SESSIONS JUDGE-CUM-CHAIRMAN, DISTRICT LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY, MORIGAON, ASSAM, PIN-782105.”
Applicants are requested to drop the duly completed application form in the designated drop box labeled “DROP BOX OF APPLICATION FOR THE POST PLVs.”
The drop box is located in the premises of the District Legal Services Authority, opposite Tarun Field, Morigaon.
There is no fee required to apply for the aforementioned PLV positions.
The selection of candidates for the position will be carried out in the following manner.
Shortlisting- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their experience and qualifications as mentioned in their submitted documents.
Publication of Shortlisted Candidates– The names of the shortlisted candidates will be made available on the official website. http://morigaonjudiciary.gov.in.
Please regularly check the website for updates and information.
Call Letters– Individual call letters will not be issued to the shortlisted candidates.
All necessary details regarding the further selection process will be communicated through our official website only.
Viva-Voce– Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for a viva-voce before the selection committee. This interview will assess the candidates’ suitability for the position.
Notification of Viva-Voce Details– The date, time, and venue of the viva-voce will be notified on our Official Website. Applicants are advised to stay updated with the website for the announcement.
- 1. He /She must be a citizen of India.
- 2. The applicants should have the minimum qualification of Matriculation (10th Pass) and they should have the mindset to work for the marginalised section of the society.
- 3. The minimum age for the selection of Para Legal Volunteer should not be less than 21 years as on the date of 01/01/2023. Preferably, the PLVs shall be selected, who do not work up to the income they desire from their service as PLVs but they should have a mind-set to assist the needy in the society.
- 4. The work of PLVs do not carry any salary, remuneration or wage except remuneration fixed by District Legal Services Authority, Morigaon from time to time, as per Rules.
- 5. The applicant should submit their mobile/contact number in their application for further required communication, if any.
- 6. Incomplete application will be summarily rejected without assigning any reason thereof. No application will be entertained after the last date fixed. The decision of the Chairman, DLSA Morigaon in shortlisting the no. of candidate for interview and selection of PLVs shall be final.
- 7. Selected PLV shall be required to undergo training programme as per decision of the District Legal Services Authority, Morigaon.
- 8. In case of any objection pertaining to selection of PLVs, the decision of Chairman, . District Legal Services Authority, Morigaon shall be final and binding to all concerned.
- 9. List of shortlisted eligible candidates, if any, will be notified in the official Notice Board as well as uploaded in the official website of Morigaon District Judiciary, i.e. http://morigaonjudiciary.gov.in/dlsa/indexdlsa
- 10. No TA/DA will be provided for appearing in the interview.
- 11. Canvassing, directly or indirectly, will disqualify the candidate.
What are the vacancies available for Para Legal Volunteers (PLVs) in Morigaon District, Assam?
There are a total of 30 vacancies for Para Legal Volunteers (PLVs) in Morigaon District.
What is the eligibility criteria for applying to the PLV positions?
To be eligible for the PLV positions, candidates must have passed the 10th standard from any government recognized institution.
How can I apply for the PLV positions?
The application process is offline. Candidates must submit their applications in the Standard form, which is published in the Assam Gazette (part-IX). The application should be submitted by the residents of Morigaon District.
Where can I find the official website for the PLV recruitment in Morigaon District?
The official website for the recruitment is mentioned here- http://morigaonjudiciary.gov.in/dlsa/indexdlsa
Is there any application fee for applying to the PLV positions?
No, there is no application fee required for applying to the PLV positions in Morigaon District.
Which government body is responsible for the recruitment of PLVs in Morigaon District?
The recruitment is conducted by the District Legal Services Authority, Morigaon.
When does the application process start for PLV recruitment in Morigaon District?
The application process starts on 27th July 2023.
What is the last date for submitting the application for PLV positions in Morigaon District?
The last date for submitting the application is 14th August 2023.
Can candidates from outside Morigaon District apply for the PLV positions?
No, only residents of Morigaon District are eligible to apply for the PLV positions.
What is the role of Para Legal Volunteers (PLVs) in Morigaon District?
PLVs serve as volunteers to assist and support marginalized sections of society in different areas of Morigaon District, providing legal aid and guidance.
Is there any specific age requirement for applying to the PLV positions?
The minimum age for PLV selection should not be less than 21 years as of 1st January 2023.
How will the selection process for PLVs be conducted?
Candidates will be shortlisted based on their experience and qualifications as mentioned in their submitted documents. Shortlisted candidates will then appear for a viva-voce before the selection committee to assess their suitability for the position.
Where will the names of shortlisted candidates and further updates be published?
The names of shortlisted candidates and other updates will be available on the official website mentioned here.
Canvassing is not allowed. What does it mean?
Candidates should not engage in direct or indirect efforts to influence the selection process. Any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.