In compliance with Section 22 of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016, the Government of Assam invites applications for the selection of the Chairperson for the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA), Assam, from qualified individuals meeting the stipulated criteria.
The Chairperson of the Authority shall be appointed by the appropriate Government based on the recommendations of a Selection Committee.
The appointee should possess substantial knowledge and professional experience of a minimum of twenty years in the following fields: Urban Development, Housing, Real Estate Development, Infrastructure, Economics, Technical Expertise in relevant domains, Planning, Law, Commerce, Accountancy, Industry, Management, Social Service, Public Affairs, or Administration.
It is important to note that individuals currently serving or previously serving in the State Government cannot be appointed as Chairperson unless they have held the position of Additional Secretary to the Central Government or an equivalent post in the Central or State Government.
Term of Office
The Chairperson’s term shall not exceed five years from the date of assumption of office or until reaching the age of 65, whichever occurs earlier. Reappointment is not permissible.
The salary, allowances, and other terms and conditions of service for the Chairperson and Members will be governed by Clause 20 of the Assam Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Rules, 2017, as amended.
Prospective candidates who meet the prescribed qualifications and age criteria are requested to submit their applications along with their bio-data (format provided in Annexure-I) by October 31, 2023, to the Secretary, Department of Housing & Urban Affairs, Block-D, 2nd Floor, Janata Bhawan, Dispur, Guwahati-6. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for the post of Chairperson of Real Estate Regulatory Authority, Assam.”
- (i) The headquarters of the Assam Real Estate Regulatory Authority will be located in Guwahati.
- (ii) Applicants currently employed should apply through the proper channel.
- Assam Job 30/11/2023 – Habraghat Mahavidyalaya Grade 3 Junior Assistant
- Assam career – SSC Constable (GD) Recruitment 2024
- Assam Job – Recruitment for Constable (GD) and Sepoy in NIA
- Assam Job Career 2023, November New Grade 3 & Grade 4 vacancies
- Assam Job : Driver Assam State Disaster Management Authority